Vision, Mission & Values
ICAB members hold a widely respected professional accounting qualification which supports enterprise, corporate governance and sustainable growth in the business environment.ICAB's Mission Statement
* To promote and regulate high quality financial reporting and auditing in Bangladesh
* To develop and maintain the competence of professional accountants and
* To enhance the reputation of the accounting profession in all sectors of the economy.
* Integrity: To uphold the highest professional integrity and ethical standards.
* Expertise: To conduct professional responsibilities with a high level of knowledge, competency and skill.
* Transparency: To conduct activities in a clear and transparent way.
* Accountability: ICAB members to be responsible for their actions.
* Increase number of members, students and financial strength
* Align with members' careers
* Enhance ICAB's image within the country and internationally
* Further enhance the reputation for professionalism and high standards of integrity
* Ensure compliance with requirements of IFAC (International Federation of Accountants) membership
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
To accomplish its above mission, ICAB has been endeavoring to:
* Regulate the Accountancy Profession and matters connected therewith
* Administer its members and students
* Ensure professional ethics and code of conduct
* Provide specialized and professional training in Accounting, Auditing. Taxation, Corporate Laws, Management Consultancy, Information Technology and related subjects
* Impart Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to members
* Foster acceptance and observance of International Accounting Standards/ International Financial Reporting Standards (IAS/IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing /International Auditing Practices Standards (ISA/IAPS) and adopt the same in Bangladesh as Bangladesh Accounting Standards/ Bangladesh Financial Reporting Standards (BAS/BFRS) and Bangladesh Standards on Auditing/ Bangladesh Auditing Practices Standards (BSA/BAPS) respectively
* Keep abreast of the latest developments in Accounting techniques, Audit methodology, Information technology, Management consultancy and related fields and
* Liaise with international and regional organizations to strengthen mutual cooperation